Sport : The school that shaped me 🌱
🌱Sport: The School That Shaped Me
In my perspective, I truly believe that sport is a school because it helped build the teacher I am today. Through sport, I became more consistent, disciplined, and patient. These qualities have led me to develop a “survival mindset,” which means not being deceived by exaggerated worldly pleasures and staying focused on what truly matters. I am grateful for the moment I entered the world of sports for the first time. Moreover, sport has contributed greatly to my growth, not only in my personal life but also in my professional life as a teacher.
🧠 A)Warm- Up
As soon as I start my workout, I put on my headphones and enjoy listening to my playlists and podcasts. Similarly, I use different Class-Yes variations during my lessons. According to Biffle, Class-Yes is based on gaining students’ attention by activating multiple areas of the brain, such as the prefrontal cortex, Broca’s area, and the auditory cortex.
In addition, I always warm up my body before starting my main exercises to prevent injuries and activate my joints and muscles. Likewise, I warm up my students at the beginning of class by reading classroom rules and reciting prayers together.
B) Progressive Overload While Maintaining Proper 📈Technique
Three years ago, I used to perform only parallel squat. When I decided to lift heavier weights, I was unable to manage them properly. I felt and heard my knees cracking, and the condition became even worse. Therefore, I visited a doctor, who gave me the common advice: “Take some rest and stop exercising.”
A few days later, staying in my comfort zone and letting fear control me became frustrating. My curiosity pushed me to learn more about my condition, so I researched the issue and focused on improving my hip and ankle mobility. Today, I can perform deep squat correctly and pain-free.
Gradual progression plays a profound role in our lives. In fact, the comfort zone can imprison us with fear and limitations, whereas the learning zone expands our abilities and opens the door to growth. Similarly, practicing progressive writing techniques and gradually introducing conjunctions such as however, but, also, and therefore helps my students express their thoughts more effectively and confidently.
⭐️C) Internal Motivation vs. External Motivation
External rewards may inspire us temporarily, but internal motivation keeps us moving forward. I have been working out for more than ten years, and what has kept me consistent is the sense of achievement that comes from pushing beyond my limitations.
Likewise, my students are motivated to progress from the Turtle level to the Gold Hawk level in the Super Improvement Star program. Their motivation does not come solely from rewards; rather, it comes from experiencing a sense of accomplishment, growth, and personal satisfaction.
,💌Written with love
Aya
الرياضة : المدرسة التي شكلت شخصيتي 🌱
من وجهة نظري، أؤمن حقًا بأن الرياضة مدرسة؛ لأنها ساهمت في بناء المعلمة التي أنا عليها اليوم. فمن خلالها أصبحت أكثر التزامًا وانضباطًا وصبرًا. وقد قادتني هذه الصفات إلى تطوير عقلية البقاء والثبات، والتي تعني ألا أنخدع بالمغريات الدنيوية المبالغ فيها وأن أظل مركزة على ما هو مهم حقًا. أنا ممتنة للحظة التي دخلت فيها عالم الرياضة لأول مرة في حياتي. علاوة على ذلك، أسهمت الرياضة بشكل كبير في نموي، ليس فقط على المستوى الشخصي، بل أيضًا في حياتي المهنية كمعلمة.
أ) الإحماء 🧠
بمجرد أن أبدأ تمريني، أرتدي سماعات الرأس وأستمتع بالاستماع إلى قوائم التشغيل والبودكاست المفضلة لدي. وبالمثل، أستخدم استراتيجية “Class-Yes” داخل الصف. ووفقًا لبيفل، تعتمد هذه الاستراتيجية على جذب انتباه الطلاب من خلال تنشيط عدة مناطق في الدماغ، مثل القشرة الجبهية الأمامية، ومنطقة بروكا، والقشرة السمعية.
بالإضافة إلى ذلك، أحرص دائمًا على إحماء جسدي قبل بدء التمارين الأساسية؛ وذلك للوقاية من الإصابات وتنشيط المفاصل والعضلات. وبالمثل، أقوم بتهيئة طالباتي في بداية الحصة من خلال مراجعة قوانين الصف وترديد الدعاء معًا.
ب) الزيادة التدريجية مع المحافظة على التقنية الصحيحة 📈
قبل ثلاث سنوات، كنت أؤدي تمرين القرفصاء (Squat) بنصف مدى الحركة فقط(الموازي) . وعندما قررت رفع أوزان أثقل، لم أتمكن من التحكم بها بالشكل الصحيح. كنت أشعر وأسمع صوت طقطقة في ركبتي، وازدادت المشكلة سوءًا. لذلك ذهبت إلى الطبيب، وكانت نصيحته المعتادة: “خذي قسطًا من الراحة وتوقفي عن ممارسة الرياضة.”
بعد عدة أيام، بدأت أشعر بالانزعاج من بقائي في منطقة الراحة والخوف. وقد دفعني فضولي إلى البحث أكثر عن حالتي، فبدأت أركز على تحسين حركة الورك والكاحل ومعالجة نقاط الضعف لدي. واليوم أستمتع بأداء (Squat) بمدى حركي كامل بطريقة صحيحة ومن دون أي ألم.
إن التدرج في التطور يلعب دورًا عميقًا في حياتنا. فالحقيقة أن منطقة الراحة قد تسجن الإنسان داخل قيود الخوف، بينما توسّع منطقة التعلم قدراته وتفتح أمامه أبواب النمو. وبالمثل، فإن تدريب الطالبات تدريجيًا على مهارات الكتابة وإدخال أدوات الربط مثل “however” و”but” و”also” و”therefore” يساعدهن على التعبير عن أفكارهن بصورة أكثر فاعلية وثقة.
ج) الدافعية الداخلية مقابل الدافعية الخارجية ⭐️
قد تلهمنا المكافآت الخارجية لفترة مؤقتة، لكن الدافعية الداخلية هي التي تجعلنا نستمر. لقد مارست الرياضة لأكثر من عشر سنوات، وما حافظ على استمراريتي هو شعوري بالإنجاز الناتج عن تحدي نفسي واكتشاف قدراتي .
وبالمثل، تسعى طالباتي إلى الانتقال من المستوى الأول إلى المستوى الأخير في لعبة “super improvement star”. ودافعهن لا يتمثل فقط في الحصول على المكافآت، بل في الشعور بالإنجاز والتطور والرضا الذاتي الذي يرافق رحلة التقدم.
💌كتب بكل حب /
آية أحمد



تعليقات
إرسال تعليق